Buttermilk peach cake

Author: Cake Man // Category:

1 cup flourimage
1 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 stick butter, melted
1 cup berries

Sift dry ingredients together, add melted butter and buttermilk. Pour into a tart dish and top with berries. Bake at 180 degrees celcuis for 45 mintues.

I melted the butter and then let it cook for a few mintues longer to caramelise. I strained it before I added it to the cake batter. Heidi’s origional recipe calls for wholewheat flourimage but I used white flour and it came out fine. I used half white sugar and half brown sugar, because that’s what I had on hand.

I went to the markets specifically to buy peaches for jam yesterday (4kgs infact!), so they became the topping in place of the berries. Before baking I sprinkled the top with pink salt and brown sugar.

I just happened to have some peach jam in the fridge that I made yesterday, so I used that to glaze the tart/cake.

It tastes yummy !

2 Responses to "Buttermilk peach cake"

Anonymous Says :
December 15, 2008 at 4:50 AM

i can just say its lovely

Anonymous Says :
December 15, 2008 at 4:50 AM

this website is just cool . i like its clean and cute interface .

Post a Comment